Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Refreshing, unique, a great way to bring a little sunshine to tea time.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (about half a lemon, grated)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup juice from one lemon (strained)
- 3 1⁄2 cups oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄2-3 teaspoons lavender buds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. Cream eggs, sugar, butter, zest, juice and vanilla together. Fold in dry ingredients, then knead dough until everything is incorporated and texture is soft and moldable.
- Spoon onto cookie sheet (1-2 Tb. in size) and bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove from baking sheet immediately and let cool. Drizzle or spread icing onto cookies once completely cool to the touch. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
- ICING: 2 Celsius powdered sugar, juice of 1 lemon (strained), water to thin, extra lavender buds for sprinkling. Mix to desired thickness and taste. If too tart, cut with cool water. Sprinkle with remaining lavender buds and enjoy!