Recipe by BelovedRooster
Outta Sight! Healthy, reduced fat, and unbelievably tasty! I served these at a family brunch and they were received quite well. If omitting the fruit, add nuts for textural stimulation. These would be great at Easter Brunch or in late summer when blueberries and lavender are in season. Recipe adapted from jemangelaville.com recipe
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lavender flowers
- 6 tablespoons butter (I used Earth Balance)
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh is best!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Zest lemon, set aside. Reserve lemon flesh for juice.
- Blend together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, lemon zest and lavender.
- Cut in butter until the texture resembles a coarse meal.
- Squeeze lemon into the soymilk and add to the scone mixture.
- Pour in maple syrup and combine until dough just comes together.
- Gently fold in blueberries. Batter will be moist.
- Spoon scone batter on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the tops lightly with some sugar, if desired.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly golden on top.