Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from the site Recipe4Living.com. A friend of mine was looking for someone to make it for him. And the recipe looks yummy. My mother loves anything lemon, so I will have to make it for her.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on box.
- Pour cake mixture into greased 9X13 baking dish.
- Combine dry pudding, milk, sugar, water, and lemon juice in bowl. Whisk together for 2 minutes until well combined and slightly thickened.
- Pour pudding mixture over cake mixture in pan. DO NOT spread it.
- Place baking dish onto a cookie sheet to catch any drips while baking.
- Bake at 350 for 55 minutes to an hour.
- Allow to cool 20 minutes while sauce thickens slightly. Dust with powdered sugar.
We made this for our Dad's 91st birthday. It was delicious and so easy to make!! Not a thing needs to be changed..
Note that the cake mix will not be the same as specified (I found 15 1/4 oz) and the "regular size" pudding is the smaller 4 serving size boxes.
I can't wait to experiiment with chocolate substituted for lemon cake and puddling...and water instead of lemon juice!