Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a good hot drink. I have put both the "Leaded and unleaded" versions in this recipe
Lemon Syrup Base
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel, fresh
- 1 cup lemon juice, Juice of 6 fresh lemons
- Dissolve sugar in boiling water.
- Add lemon peel and lemon juice.
- Store covered in fridge.
- To Serve by the Mug:.
- 1/4 Cup Lemon syrup base mixed with 3/4 Cups water.
- In saucepan heat both water and base until warm.
- Makes 1 8 ounce serving.
- To serve for a crowd:.
- 2 Cups Lemon syrup base, 6 Cups water.
- Heat in saucepan until warm.
- Makes 8 8 ounce servings.
- Brandy (Leaded version).
- Add 1 Cup brandy and heat with the water and syrup base for the crowd quantity.
I didn't think this was going to be that special, but with the brandy added it was so scrumptious ;the flavors were so complimentary. I cut the recipe down to a single serving and added 1 1/2 TBLS of the Brandy which I thought was perfect - not overwhelming or too boozy. It definitely warmed me up after several hours of doing my taxes. Made for kzbhanson's cookathon.
Lemon is my favorite flavor and this was wonderful. I doubled it for my big mug and heated in the microwave. Perfect amount of lemon, not to tart or too sweet. Made unleaded but will definitely give the leaded a try. Thank you hon for posting this recipe, I will be making it again. Made and reviewed for kzbhanson's cookathon.
This is an awesome hot lemonade drink, very refreshing, soothing and healthful!! Loved it! Prepared with fresh squeezed lemons, and freshly grated lemon peel which is a great addition! Thanks Karen, I will make this often! Made today in support of Karen for her cookathon.