Recipe by kzbhansen
This is a good hot drink. I have put both the "Leaded and unleaded" versions in this recipe
Top Review by momaphet
I didn't think this was going to be that special, but with the brandy added it was so scrumptious ;the flavors were so complimentary. I cut the recipe down to a single serving and added 1 1/2 TBLS of the Brandy which I thought was perfect - not overwhelming or too boozy. It definitely warmed me up after several hours of doing my taxes. Made for kzbhanson's cookathon.
Lemon Syrup Base
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel, fresh
- 1 cup lemon juice, Juice of 6 fresh lemons
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve sugar in boiling water.
- Add lemon peel and lemon juice.
- Store covered in fridge.
- To Serve by the Mug:.
- 1/4 Cup Lemon syrup base mixed with 3/4 Cups water.
- In saucepan heat both water and base until warm.
- Makes 1 8 ounce serving.
- To serve for a crowd:.
- 2 Cups Lemon syrup base, 6 Cups water.
- Heat in saucepan until warm.
- Makes 8 8 ounce servings.
- Brandy (Leaded version).
- Add 1 Cup brandy and heat with the water and syrup base for the crowd quantity.