Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This lassi is really refreshing and the fragrance of the lemon zest is pure summer - perfect for a healthy, outdoor life. Good-quality, fresh yoghurt will stop this drink being too tart.
- 1 cup good-quality fresh plain yogurt
- 7⁄8 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 small lemon, zest of
- ice cube
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint
- In a blender, blend together the yoghurt, water, sugar, lemon juice and zest until light and frothy.
- Taste and adjust the sugar and lemon to your liking.
- To serve, pour into a tall glass filled with ice cubes and mint.
Spectacular with a small bunch of mint leaves thrown in masha Allah (praise be to God)! I used unpasteurized honey instead of sugar to be healthier, plus the rest of the ingredients. I would make this again with good honey only.