Recipe by bggio
This is a hearty soup that works every time. It can even be a meal in a soup depending on how you want to serve it. Full of flavours that make your mouth water.
- 5 large shoulder lamb chops, with bone in
- 12 cups water
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped 1/2 inch pieces
- 5 potatoes, chopped 1/2 inc cubes
- 1 whole lemon
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup fresh curly-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Add water and salt and bring to boil.
- Add Lamb to boiling water. 30 minutes(you can debone the meat and cut to cubes first but add bones in water with the meat cubes I prefer to cube the meat after its boiled).
- Remove the meat and/or bones and the goop on top of boiling water.
- add the chopped fennel and boil for 5 minutes Med/high heat.
- add the potatoes and boil for 10 minutes.
- Re introduce the meat if you have not cubed it first and boil 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley and boil for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon into the soup watching for the seeds and boil for another 10 minutes.
- The preparation can happen during the boiling as there are distinct steps.