Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very elegant cookie.
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blanched almond, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed down firmly
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 lemons, zest of, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease two baking trays or line with Teflon sheets.
- Combine the flour, salt and nuts in a bowl.
- Place the brown sugar, corn syrup and butter in a heavy-based saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the flour mixture, along with the lemon zest and juice.
- Drop 1/2 teaspoonfuls of the batter, about 2 inches apart, onto the baking trays.
- Bake 1 tray at a time for about 8 to 10 minutes, just until they are lightly browned at the edges.
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
I made these to be served with Mango Custard. I wouldn't really call these lemon cookies. They are tasty, toffee and I think would be better with almond extract to bring out the almond instead of inserting the lemon. I like the look. I will try again and use honey or agave as I prefer not to use corn syrup.
I have been trying to find a recipe that would be lacy beautiful and this one worked perfectly. I've tried others and they either fall apart or they are globs. These are a little fragile and you have to be careful handling them but they are goreous to look at and to munch on. Thanks for posting this one.