1/1 Photo of Lemon Kiwi Pavlova
1 hr 30 mins
A beautiful Pavlova recipe discovered somewhere in 1980...recipe is by Mary Berry. Best served on the day you made it. Cooling time is not included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 8 ounces caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch)
- 3/4 cup condensed milk (maybe up to a cup)
- 1 cup double cream
- 3 lemons, juice of, large (add the zest too if you want)
- 3 large just under-ripe kiwi fruits
- 1Lay a sheet of silicon or baking parchment on a baking tray.
- 2Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 3Whisk the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until they are stiff.
- 4Whisk in the sugar a spoonful at a time. Blend the vinegar with the cornflour and whisk it, with the last spoon of sugar, into the egg whites.
- 5Spread the meringue out to roughly an 8” circle on the baking tray and build up the sides so that they are higher then the centre, this is for the filling.
- 6Put the baking tray in the centre of the oven, turn the heat down to 300F and bake the meringue for 1 hour. Turn the oven off but leave the pavlova in the oven to become quite cold (otherwise it might split open as it cools).
- 7Remove the pavlova from the baking tray and place on a serving dish.
- 8Place the condensed milk, cream and lemon juice in a bowl, beat until blended (taste after you just mixed it, you might want to add more condensed milk or lemon, to suit your taste) and the mixture is thick and creamy, then pile into the centre of the pavlova.
- 9Place in the fridge and leave to stand for at least 1 hour before serving.
- 10Peel and slice the kiwi fruit and arrange attractively around the edge of the lemon pavlova just before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Kiwi Pavlova
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.1
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 67.3 mg
- Sodium 101.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 62.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g