Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is so moist and delicious. You can add a few drops of green food coloring to the batter, if desired. Outside of cake will brown and inside will be a beautiful green color. Enjoy!
- Mix all cake ingredients well.
- Bake in a greased and floured bundt cake pan for about 35 to 45 minutes or until tests done with a toothpick.
- Ovens vary so start testing at around 30 minutes.
- While cake is cooling on a rack in the pan, make glaze by combining all ingredients.
- Poke holes in the cake (still in the pan), then pour glaze over.
- Let sit in the pan until glaze is absorbed, then turn out onto a plate.
Perfect! That is what my bf said about this cake. I used 1/2 fresh lime juice and 1/2 bottled lime juice. I also added the zest of the lime to the glaze and the cake. This cake is very moist and has the perfect balance of sweetness and tartness. I found this recipe when I was doing a search to use a lemon cake mix. What a great find! Thank you!
UPDATE: Have made this cake 3 more times. Used bottled key lime juice (Nellie's) and sure can't detect any difference. Also, I now use a bit less water in the batter and a bit more key lime juice in the batter. I'm telling you people love this super easy cake!! Am making three more for a bake sale in December and they will surely be the first to sell. Very easy bundt cake. Super moist- practically falling apart moist, which is good because there is no frosting per se. I thought it really need a "top" frosting, but others strongly disagreed. Used key limes which are a pain to juice, but always worth it.
Oh yeah! this is a five star recipe for sure! If you like key lime, you will LOVE this cake! And the previous poster is right! this is so easy! something this good should be more complicated!