Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
We are loving these Lemon Kale Chips. I can't make enough of them --the boys scarf them down hot out of the oven. Yesterday, they ate 3 batches, yes you heard that right, 3 batches of kale chips, after school. Of course, like everything else I make, these are gluten free. http://www.elanaspantry.com/lemon-kale-chips/
- 1 bunch kale (prepared and washed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Chop kale into ½ inch pieces.
- Place kale in a large bowl.
- With hands massage oil, lemon juice and salt into kale.
- Place kale on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes until kale is dark green and crispy (Shauna from Gluten-Free Girl has a great Baked Kale Chips recipe on her site. She says the 12 minute mark is the perfect done time).
- Cool and serve.
These are very good. I have since learned you can better preserve the nutrients in the kale by lowering the temp to 200 for a longer period of time - more like drying it out. Mine took an hour but depending on your oven, could take a little longer. Spread pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds on before baking to add even more flavor. Adding spices such as curry or cayenne can make them tasty too.
This was so delicious! I also doubled the salt and decreased lemon juice to 1 Tbsp. like one of the reviewers mentioned (one of my kids does not like lemons, so I decided to be cautious). I will definitely make this again. Thank you for the recipe!
Simple and tasty. I used stoneware rather than a lined cookie sheet... they came out perfect. Thanks!