Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is very good and easy to make.
- 1 (6 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (46 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 3 cups cold water
- 2 (2 liter) bottles carbonated lemon-lime beverage or 2 (2 liter) bottles ginger ale
- In a small bowl dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir in sugar.
- In 8-quart punch bowl, combine pineapple juice, cold water, soda and gelatin mixture.
- Serve chilled.
I made this for my granddaughter's birthday party: 50 people, so I doubled the recipe; however, since I had to transport it 20 miles to the site, I decided to keep the ingredients separate. I don't recommend doing that. The jello/sugar/water congealed in the 6 degree weather (in the trunk). A wisk solved the problem, but had I added pineapple juice to that mixture initially, I think I'd have successfully kept it from congealing. The punch is still superb; and I think it could be tweaked: how about grape jello/grape juice? Or orange? It would be fun to play around with it and see what the different flavors are like. This is definitely a keeper! Thanks! Wilmom
This sounds sooo good. I am using this at my church's Easter celebration but think I might add some pureed strawberries with halved strawberries for garnish.