Recipe by FilipinoRose
This is a cool, smooth-textured, easy to prepare, refrigerator dessert. It's especially refreshing on a warm day, but my family likes it in the winter as well.
Top Review by PianoCook
So light and fluffy! This has been perfect at early summer parties in Texas, where we need the cool smoothness of this pie. So easy to put together too! I added ginger snaps on top to garnish here. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup cold water, plus
- 2 tablespoons cold water (from tap w ice cube)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 lemon sufficient)
- 1 (8 ounce) container lemon yogurt
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping (thawed)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (see my recipe for this)
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
Directions See How It's Made
- In a cup of boiling water, add gelatin and sugar. Stir for 2 minute or until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in cold water and lemon juice. Chill for about 30 min., or until the mixture is the consistency of unbeaten eggwhites.
- Fold in yogurt, whipped topping, lemon rind (if desired) and lemon zest (if desired) into gelatin mixture, then spoon into pie crust. Chill at least 3 hours.
- Alternatatively the mixture can be spooned into 12 single serve graham cracker crusts (these can easily be packed in lunches).