Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
If you love lemon, this is the cake for you! It has a lovely lemon flavor and is cool and refreshing...also very easy to make, starts with a mix :)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, Jello mix, oil, water and eggs at low speed and then beat at high speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 13 inch pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- While baking, mix the lemon juice and powdered sugar together until well combined.
- While cake is still hot, poke hole in it with a fork all over the top.
- Pour lemon juice mixture all over it.
- Cool completely and frost with whipped topping.
- Store in refrigerator.
Your right Karen, this is for lemon lovers. And it is goooood. I've frozen some of it (without the topping) for expected guests later this month. I know they will enjoy it too.
This cake has an excellent flavor and is so moist it melts in your mouth. I must say though that the cool whip really doesn't add anything exciting to the cake. Next time I make it I think I will try a buttercream or cream cheese frosting flavored with lemon and forego the cool whip.
This is a great recipe. It needs no frosting - cool whip or other type.