Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Wash the lemons and, working on a large dish to catch the juices, cut the fruit into slices, remove the pips and tie them in a muslin bag.
- Put the fruit, juices, bag and water into a preserving pan, cover and bring carefully to the boil, simmer until the rind is soft
- . Remove from the heat and add the warmed sugar, stirring well until it has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to keep it just boiling. In about 10 minutes the jam will be cooked and thick.
- Remove the bag, squeezing well and put the pulp through a liquidiser or mincer. Return to the pan.
- Heat gently beating well with a wooden spoon to ensure that you have a soft smooth jam. Bring to the boil stirring continuously and taking great care not to burn it. Remove from the heat almost immediately.
- Pot and seal.
great recipe it tastes great and not too complicated. plus there is a nice lemony smell all throughout the cook... =]