Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
A refreshing, very lemony ice recipe. Great when you're under the weather with a sore throat. Adapted from Serious Eats. http://bit.ly/VbxrAf
- 946.36 ml boiling water
- 236.59 ml sugar (about 7 ounces)
- 236.59 ml fresh lemon juice (from about 8 lemons)
- 14.79 ml grated lemon zest (from about 8 lemons)
- 9.85 ml lemon extract
- Dissolve sugar in boiling water. Add lemon juice, zest and extract and stir well. Cover and allow to come to room temperature. Transfer to refrigerator until completely cold, at least 2 hours.
- Add to ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's instructions until it become thick and slushy. Transfer to a container, seal, and freeze until it reaches desired firmness, 2-3 hours.