Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy lemon pie. I love this delectable version of impossible pie with coconut because it's impossible to make a mistake and would suit lazy cooks and novices. Enjoy!
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 40 g melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C/350°F Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 4 cup capacity baking dish and bake for 40 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving. Serve with cream.
My mum used to make this and it always works out and is soooo yummmy - it vanishes very fast . I halved the coconut but made no other changes. Thanks for the childhood memories.