When I went to work at Prudential in 1970, there really was a free lunch for all employees. This dessert was one of their most popular.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chill evaporated milk for several hours.
- 2Sprinkle gelatin over 1/3 cup cold water; let sit 5 minutes.
- 3In the top of a double boiler, beat egg yolks and sugar until very light; add lemon juice.
- 4Cook over boiling water until thickened, 2-3 minutes.
- 5Add lemon peel.
- 6Stir in gelatin.
- 7Cool until syrupy.
- 8Beat egg whites to form stiff peaks.
- 9Fold egg whites into cooled gelatin mixture.
- 10Whip chilled milk until light.
- 11Fold milk gently into gelatin mixture.
- 12Blend cookie crumbs, nuts and melted butter.
- 13Sprinkle 1/3 of crumbs into the bottom of an 8" square pan.
- 14Spoon 1/2 of the lemon mixture over the crumbs.
- 15Repeat; end with the last 1/3 of the crumbs.
- 16Chill until firm.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Icebox Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.5
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 58.7 mg
- Sodium 181.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 5.8 g