This is a great no bake dessert for summertime! I serve this with freshly whipped cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (10 to 12 full-size crackers)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 lb unsalted butter, melted and cooled
For the filling
- 1To make the crust: In a medium bowl, blend together the crumbs, cinnamon, and butter using a handheld mixer until fully incorporated.
- 2Scrape the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan.
- 3Press the mixture firmly onto the base and up the sides of the pan, forming a uniform crust about 1/4-inch thick.
- 4Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 5To make the filling: In a medium saucepan, preferably nonstick, whisk together the milk, egg yolks, and lemon juice until smooth.
- 6Cook the custard over medium heat until very hot to the touch, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- 7Do not allow to boil.
- 8Strain the custard through a sieve into the prepared pie shell.
- 9Refrigerate uncovered at least one hour, or until set.
- 10Cover with plastic wrap and chill completely, at least another hour.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Icebox Pie
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 696.5
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 208.6 mg
- Sodium 276.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 79.1 g
- Protein 14.0 g