Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great no bake dessert for summertime! I serve this with freshly whipped cream.
Make and share this Lemon Icebox Pie recipe from Food.com.
- To make the crust: In a medium bowl, blend together the crumbs, cinnamon, and butter using a handheld mixer until fully incorporated.
- Scrape the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Press the mixture firmly onto the base and up the sides of the pan, forming a uniform crust about 1/4-inch thick.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the filling: In a medium saucepan, preferably nonstick, whisk together the milk, egg yolks, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Cook the custard over medium heat until very hot to the touch, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Do not allow to boil.
- Strain the custard through a sieve into the prepared pie shell.
- Refrigerate uncovered at least one hour, or until set.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill completely, at least another hour.
This is the only pie my dads mom ever made- she was not a baker. But this is so easy- even she could do it ! I love it- fond memories ! Thanks for posting !
I think Sassy Sandra has it all wrong! This pie was never intended to BE a cheesecake! It is a pie all its own and has been my father's favorite for years! However, we've never tried the seasonings in the crust. I don't think he'd like it as much as a plain graham cracker crust.
This was not bad, but not great by any means. I found the crust had way too much cinnamon, and the filling wasn't all that tasty, just really sweet. I won't be making this again, have tried much more tasty cheesecake. sorry!!!!