Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe in MORE magazine. It is excellent, a wonderful presentation and light.
- 3 grated lemons, zest of
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
For pie crust
- 1 cup gingersnap cookie, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 5 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 325 deg. Stir crumbs and almonds in med bowl and stir in butter. Turn crumb mixture into a 9" pie pan pressing evenly over the bottom and up the sides. Bake crust on a center rack for 8-10 mins, until it feels dry and firm. It will feel soft, but will firm up as it cools. Cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. Stir the lemon zest, juice and egg yolks in a med bowl. Add the condensed milk and sugar. Whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into cooled crust and bake for 15-20 mins until just set. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 4 hrs, until firm and chilled.
- Top with Cool Whip. The recipe calls for whipped heavy cream and sugar or meringue, you do whatever you like.