Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
If you are a "lemon lover" you should enjoy this wonderful dessert. So pucker up and enjoy!
- 10 lemon cream sandwich cookies, broken into pieces (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 3⁄4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin (1 envelope)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese, cut into 1-inch pieces and softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream, room temperature
- MAKE CRUST; Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Process cookies in food processor until finely ground. Add butter and zest and pulse until combined. Press mixture into bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake until lightly browned and set, about 10 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack, at least 30 minutes.
- MAKE CURD; While crust is cooling, whisk egg, egg yolk, sugar, and salt together in small saucepan. Add lemon juice and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until thick and puddinglike, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and cream. Press through fine-mesh strainer into small bowl and refrigerate until needed.
- SOFTEN GELATIN: Combine lemon juice and gelatin in small bowl and let stand until gelatin softens, about 5 minutes. Microwave until mixture is bubbling around edges and gelatin dissolves, about 30 seconds. Set aside.
- MAKE FILLING: With electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, sugar, and salt until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides of bowl, about 2 minutes. Slowly add cream and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add gelatin mixture and ¼ cup curd, increase speed to medium-high, and beat until smooth and airy, about 3 minutes.
- CHILL CHEESECAKE: Pour filling into cooled crust and smooth top. Pour thin lines of remaining curd on top of cake and lightly drag paring knife or skewer through lines to create marbled appearance. Refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours. Remove sides of pan. Serve. (Cheesecake can be covered in plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to 3 days.).
This is a great ATK recipe. My B/F liked this so much he had second and that never happens with dessert. All the girls at work liked it too, this went very fast.
I made this cake the other day and since it was so FATTENING, I divided it into 32 cupcakes instead of one cake. It came out very good and I got lots of compliments on it. I think I will try it with milk and low fat cream cheese instead next time try to cut back on the fat calories. Also, we thought it needed more lemon so I will adjust that next time.
This is the BEST cheesecake ever - and it's not a lot of trouble to make. We loved it!