Recipe by pies & cakes & cookies ohmy!
This is so good!! Very very moist. With all the lemon ingredients it sounds like it could be too lemony, but it's just perfect. It makes a great birthday cake because it comes together easily and makes a nice presentation. You can't go wrong with a recipe like this.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant lemon pudding mix
- 0.5 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage (I use the generic kind)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cake mix, 1 pkg. pudding mix, lemonade concentrate oil and eggs. Beat two minutes on medium speed. Add soda and mix just til blended.
- Transfer to a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350* for 35-40 minutes or til done.
- Allow to cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine remaining pkg. of pudding mix and milk. Whisk until combined and allow to "set" until fairly thick (about 5 minutes) and then fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over cooled cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve and refrigerate leftovers.