Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is so good!! Very very moist. With all the lemon ingredients it sounds like it could be too lemony, but it's just perfect. It makes a great birthday cake because it comes together easily and makes a nice presentation. You can't go wrong with a recipe like this.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant lemon pudding mix
- 0.5 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage (I use the generic kind)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Combine cake mix, 1 pkg. pudding mix, lemonade concentrate oil and eggs. Beat two minutes on medium speed. Add soda and mix just til blended.
- Transfer to a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350* for 35-40 minutes or til done.
- Allow to cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine remaining pkg. of pudding mix and milk. Whisk until combined and allow to "set" until fairly thick (about 5 minutes) and then fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over cooled cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve and refrigerate leftovers.