Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Here's a refreshing dessert for a hot summer day!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- I use an 8" square Pyrex baking dish for this.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted margarine.
- Spread evenly in the bottom of your dish.
- Thoroughly mix together vanilla ice cream with lemonade concentrate.
- Pour ice cream mixture onto prepared crust.
- Freeze at least 4 hours before serving.
- Cook time is freezing time.
Love this! I used soft butter and just mashed it into the graham crackers. Then I substituted crushed pineapple for the lemonade only because I longed for an ice cream pineapple concoction I used to buy. None of my changes deter from the integrity of this recipe! Textures will vary depending how long you wait to taste! This is no-fail, and also offers many opportunities for experimentation. Good job, Mer!
Mer, this was fantastic! I wanted a stronger lemon taste, so I added much more lemonade. This, of course, made the ice cream thinner than it was supposed to be, but it still came out great. Next time I may try using a fresh lemon juice/sugar syrup instead of the lemonade and see what happens. Either way, I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for a beautiful, ultra-refreshing dessert!