Recipe by Nigella Lawson. I love Nigella's ice-creams and you don't need an ice-cream machine. I have another posted here Orange & Lime Ice-cream #71438, they are both so very good. I haven't allowed for freezing time because it can vary so much.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate the zest from two of the lemons using a microplane, squeeze the juice of all three lemons and pour into a bowl with the zest and sugar, stir to combine and leave for 30 minutes, to let the flavour deepen.
- 2Whip the cream with the water until it holds soft peaks, then whisk in the sweetened lemon juice.
- 3Turn into a shallow container, cover and freeze (no stirring) until firm - this could take 3-6 hours.
- 4Let stand in container in the fridge for half an hour to soften enough to serve.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Ice Cream (No Ice-Cream Maker and No Eggs)
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.8
- Calories from Fat 359
- Total Fat 39.9 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 146.7 mg
- Sodium 43.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 42.9 g
- Protein 3.1 g