Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got the recipe from my Mother but I changed the extract from vanilla to Lemon and sometimes I add broken peppermint sticks orCherries chopped and when I use these I substitute the lemon to vanilla.
- 2 1⁄2 cans evaporated milk
- 2 1⁄2 cans water
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract (you may subsitute other flavors)
- 8 eggs
- Mix the eggs and sugar together and set aside.
- Mix the evarporated milk and water together and put in 5 quart pot on stove and cook till warm add the eggs and sugar slowly, cook till bubbly.
- turn fire off and add condensed milk and lemon extract and stir till mixed.
- Put in ice cream can and set in ice cream bucket, put top of can on and put motor on.
- Add crush ice and rock salt.
- Will take about 45 minutes to 1 hour to freeze.
- My grandson always ask me to make this when he comes over.
- He loves the lemon flavor.