Recipe by Connie K
I had the Lemon Ice Box Pie at Cracker Barrel, and was determined to find a copycat. I've adapted this recipe, and I think it fits the bill!
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- yellow food coloring
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- vanilla wafer cookie
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice and beat on medium high speed until well blended.
- Fold in 1/3 of the whipped topping and 2 drops yellow food coloring.
- Pour filling into crust; carefully smooth remainder of whipped topping on top of lemon filling.
- Place vanilla wafer cookies around the edge of the pie (can do this right before serving if you prefer a crisper cookie).
- Cover pie and place in freezer.
- Pie may be kept in freezer for several days until ready to serve.
- Take from freezer 10- 15 minutes before serving.