This is the favorite pie of all my six children. We usually have it for the holidays.
Make and share this Lemon Ice Box Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare pie crust by mixing crushed graham crackers, butter and sugar in pie plate.
- Pat in place along sides and bottom of plate.
- Refrigerate until set.
- In medium-size bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and rind.
- Blend in egg yolks, mixing well.
- It will thicken.
- Turn into cooled graham cracker crust.
- Top with meringue made by beating egg whites with 3 Tbsp sugar and cream of tartar until it forms stiff peaks.
- Bake at 350 degrees until lightly browned.
- Chill in ice box about 1-1 1/2 hours before serving.