Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the favorite pie of all my six children. We usually have it for the holidays.
Make and share this Lemon Ice Box Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare pie crust by mixing crushed graham crackers, butter and sugar in pie plate.
- Pat in place along sides and bottom of plate.
- Refrigerate until set.
- In medium-size bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and rind.
- Blend in egg yolks, mixing well.
- It will thicken.
- Turn into cooled graham cracker crust.
- Top with meringue made by beating egg whites with 3 Tbsp sugar and cream of tartar until it forms stiff peaks.
- Bake at 350 degrees until lightly browned.
- Chill in ice box about 1-1 1/2 hours before serving.
I have been looking for this recipe for a very long time. My grandmother gave me a recipe book with this one in it and it was my favorite and I cannot find my recipe book, but, here is the recipe...Thanks