Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make and share this Lemon Hummus recipe from Food.com.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (drain and save liquid)
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- saute garlic and inion in 1 tsp olive oil in a small saucepan, until translucent. Transfer to food processor and blend with remaining olive oil and additional ingredients.
- If mixture is too dry, add liquid from garbanzo beans until consistency is creamy.
- I like it spicier, so I add extra cumin and hot pepper.
- Serve with warm pita bread or raw veggies.
Excellent hummus! (Although I'd rename to Cumin-Spiked Hummus as the lemon title is a little misleading since the lemon flavor is not really pronounced here.) I used only 2 teaspoons of cumin as I did not want it to taste overly spiced, but I did want some zip so tripled the hot sauce. I think 2 dashes is pretty mild. Also, it was a bit dry so I went ahead and added all of the juice from the garbanzo can and the texture was perfect. Overall a nice, tasy hummus that we are loving!