Made with traditional ingredients used throughout most of North Africa but somehow it has the taste of Morocco to me. My best shot is that it's an old recipe that has been modernized to suite current tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 whole lemons, juiced
- 236.59 ml pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 59.16 ml honey
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 236.59 ml orzo pasta
- 473.18 ml long grain rice
- 4 slice orange zest
- 0.25 ml saffron
- 118.29 ml dried apricot, finely diced
- 118.29 ml golden raisin
- 59.14 ml scallion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a small mixing bowl combine the lemon juice, pistachios and honey and mix together.
- 3Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Sear the chicken in a saute pan over the medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- 4Add the lemon honey pistachio mixture onto the tops of the chicken. Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- 5In a heavy bottom pot with a lid, melt the butter over medium low heat. Add the onions and orzo and cook until golden brown, or until the orzo smells nutty.
- 6Add the rice and stir to coat with onions and orzo, add the stock, orange zest, saffron, dried apricots, raisins and season with salt.
- 7Bring the rice mixture to a boil. Stir once and cover with the lid. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- 8Remove from the oven and rest on the stove top for 10 minutes with the lid on. Add the chopped scallions and fluff into the rice using a fork.
- 9To serve, spoon the apricot rice onto a plate and top with the lemon honey pistachio chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Honey Pistachio Chicken With Apricot Rice
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1141.8
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 108.0 mg
- Sodium 156.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 160.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 41.8 g
- Protein 50.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: