Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Love it so much, and so did every one at the barbecue.
Make and share this Lemon Honey - Honey Lemon Chicken Skewers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, slices
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon pepper (I used Lemon & Herbs seasoning and fresh pepper)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice (I used fresh lemon juice)
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- HINT: To prevent wooden skewers from burning soak first (I put a little oil in the water. I don't know if it helps. but I feel it may help lock in the water a little longer.) fit bacon to chicken strips, and thread onto wooden skewers.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Add chicken skewers.
- Marinate overnight. (I used a long plastic dish with lid and gave it a light shake every so often).
- BBQ - on medium, reserving marinade to baste with barbecue 4 to 5 inches from heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink& bacon is crisp.
- (I made this for a big BBQ I used all the chicken and bacon I needed or had, and 2X or 3X the marinade until I was happy).
brush the grill with oil
Be careful not to place skewers directly on grill like I did as they want to stick. Might have to invest in a skewer rack. Great flavor!!