Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
My son could could eat this whole dish himself if he could LOL! This recipe should be enough to serve about 5-6 people, but can be doubled, and you might want to consider doing that, as this dish is so delicious!. The carrots are still great even without topping them with almonds, but I most always top with almonds if serving this to compnay. Don't make the mistake of adding in too much ginger, I have done this before, and it just overpowers all of the other ingredients, 1/2 teaspoon is really all tht you need. You will love this!
Top Review by kittycatmom
For our New Years Eve Dinner I made Teriyaki Salmon fillets and and wanted a veggie that would go along with that theme. This dish went along perfectly! I didn't add the raisins as DH isn't fond of them, but the sweetness from the honey and crunch from the toasted almonds is delicious! No wonder your DS can eat the whole dish! I could have too! Thank you Kitt! Wonderful!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs carrots, sliced diagonally into about 1/2-inch slices (or smaller)
- water, for boiling
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted (no subs please!)
- 1⁄2 cup honey (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups golden raisins (or to taste)
- 1 cup slivered almonds (preferably toasted)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the sliced carrots in a saucepan, and cover with water just to cover the carrots. Bring to a boil, and cook until JUST crisp-tender (about 7-8 minutes, do not over cook the carrots as they will cook more in the oven) drain VERY well (I soak up any excess water with a paper towel).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the butter, honey, lemon juice, ginger and pepper (add in salt if desired) together very well.
- Add in carrots, mix and coat well with the honey mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into a buttered 2-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with raisins; mix slightly.
- Cover and bake in a 350 dedgree oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Sprinkle with slivered almonds just before serving.
- Absolutey delicious!