Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Very easy...very light and delicious. I'm mad for all things lemony!
Make and share this Lemon Honey Drop Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup lemon low fat yogurt
- cooking spray
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest or 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat first 3 ingredients with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add honey, extract, and egg; beat until well-blended.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Drop by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine powdered sugar and juice in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Brush powdered sugar mixture evenly over hot cookies.
- Sprinkle evenly with 2 teaspoons rind.
- Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks.
I was trying to create a gluten-free lemon cookie recipe for a baking event this winter. I didn't have time to create one from scratch, so I looked at about 20 recipe and decided this one would convert well. I am so glad I tried it. While I had some conversions to do, it turned out delicious. They are light and fluffy, soft and delicious. They froze quite well, too.