Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Very easy...very light and delicious. I'm mad for all things lemony!
Make and share this Lemon Honey Drop Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup lemon low fat yogurt
- cooking spray
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest or 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat first 3 ingredients with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add honey, extract, and egg; beat until well-blended.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Drop by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine powdered sugar and juice in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Brush powdered sugar mixture evenly over hot cookies.
- Sprinkle evenly with 2 teaspoons rind.
- Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks.
I was trying to create a gluten-free lemon cookie recipe for a baking event this winter. I didn't have time to create one from scratch, so I looked at about 20 recipe and decided this one would convert well. I am so glad I tried it. While I had some conversions to do, it turned out delicious. They are light and fluffy, soft and delicious. They froze quite well, too.