Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is easiest on the grill. We serve this excellent fish with glazed vegetables and pilaf, while topping off the meal with a sweet white wine and lemon sherbet.
- 2 lbs salmon fillets, skin removed,thawed,rinsed and dried
- 2 tablespoons butter (about 2 condiment packets)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (about 8 condiment packets)
- 1⁄2 cup honey (about 8 condiment packets)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon shrimp boil seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup honey mustard dressing (about one salad serving packet)
- Use doubled, heavy aluminum foil cut into large 2-foot rectangle.
- Spray foil with cooking spray.
- Dust foil with a pinch of each seasoning.
- Place equal portions of the fish fillets on foil pan.
- In a saucepan, melt margarine.
- Add lemon juice, honey, salt, pepper, and spices.
- Stir to blend well.
- Fold the foil around the filets like a pan side to keep juices from draining.
- Crimp corners of rectangle to seal.
- Pour honey butter mixture over the fish, sprinkle with paprika, and shrimp seasoning.
- Place on medium hot grill.
- DO NOT TURN THE FILETS WHILE COOKING!
- Cover with a second loose piece of foil to steam top of fish and grill for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove foil and grill for 4-6 minutes more until top of fish is firm.
- Puncture foil bottom with skewer or fork in two or three places to drain excess juices into the fire.
- USE CAUTION AND AVOID FLARE UPS!
- Check filet bottoms with spatula.
- Grill for 2-4 minutes more to give the bottom of the filets a deep golden crust.
- Fish should flake easily when done.
- Remove from foil with non-stick spatula.
- Serve filet slices with honey mustard dressing drizzle.