1/2 Photos of Lemon-Hoisin Glazed Chicken on Roasted Asparagus/Cherry Rice
1 hr 5 mins
First place winner of the Third Annual Foster Farms Fresh Chicken Cooking Contest. "Lemon-Hoisin Glazed Chicken on Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Sesame Rice"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped, divided
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 6 green onions, chopped, with whites and greens divided
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice, rinse well and drained
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 2/3 cup dried cherries, chopped (cab sub dried cranberries)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 large lemon, zest of
- 2 small lemons, zest of
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, divided
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/3 roasted salted almond, roughly chopped
- 1Mix chicken, one teaspoon salt, ginger, and half of the garlic; set aside.
- 2In medium saucepan over medium heat, warm one tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil. Stir in green onion whites, remaining garlic and jasmine rice. Cook, stirring frequently, for 8 minutes or until beginning to toast. Add broth, half of the lemon juice and one teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 15 minutes. Uncover, fluff with fork, stir in dried cherries or craisins, sesame oil and remaining green onions. Set aside.
- 3In large frying pan over medium high heat, warm one tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, for 6 minutes or until no longer pink on the outside.
- 4In small bowl, stir together vinegar, Hoisin, one tablespoon honey, remaining lemon juice, half of the lemon zest and 1/4-teaspoon red pepper flakes. Add sauce to chicken in pan and continue cooking for 10 additional minutes on medium. Raise heat to high and cook for 2-4 minutes until sauce on chicken is dark and has thickened. Sprinkle chicken with black sesame seeds. Remove pan from heat, set aside and keep warm.
- 5In second large frying pan, warm remaining peanut oil over high heat. Add asparagus, remaining honey, red pepper and remaining salt. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2-4 minutes, or until asparagus is tender.
- 6To serve, plate rice on serving platter. Top with half of the cilantro, almonds, and roasted asparagus, Top with chicken pieces. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro and lemon zest.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Hoisin Glazed Chicken on Roasted Asparagus/Cherry Rice
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 626.5
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 86.3 mg
- Sodium 1704.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 31.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
lemons, zest of
lemons, zest of