This is one of my favorite recipes for the grill. Serve with fresh fruit and all your favorite summer salads. Leftovers make a wonderful chicken salad.
- Remove any fat or gristle from the chicken.
- Cut the chicken on the bias into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Place the slices in a glass baking dish.
- In a bowl, stir together the lemon juice, oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, onion, cumin, coriander, ginger, and salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, turning it in the sauce until it is well coated.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 8 hours or preferably overnight.
- Soak 8 10-inch bamboo skewers in cold water for 20 minutes.
- Thread the chicken pieces over the skewer, pushing the meat up so that you can fit 2 to 3 pieces on each.
- Carefully place the skewers on a grill grid that has been sprayed with a vegetable spray and cook through.
- Arrange the skewers on a platter and serve chicken at once.