1/4 Photos of Lemon Herbed Chicken Satay
This is one of my favorite recipes for the grill. Serve with fresh fruit and all your favorite summer salads. Leftovers make a wonderful chicken salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 Spanish onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Remove any fat or gristle from the chicken.
- 2Cut the chicken on the bias into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- 3Place the slices in a glass baking dish.
- 4In a bowl, stir together the lemon juice, oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, onion, cumin, coriander, ginger, and salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 5Pour the marinade over the chicken, turning it in the sauce until it is well coated.
- 6Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 8 hours or preferably overnight.
- 7Soak 8 10-inch bamboo skewers in cold water for 20 minutes.
- 8Thread the chicken pieces over the skewer, pushing the meat up so that you can fit 2 to 3 pieces on each.
- 9Carefully place the skewers on a grill grid that has been sprayed with a vegetable spray and cook through.
- 10Arrange the skewers on a platter and serve chicken at once.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Herbed Chicken Satay
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.8
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 131.6 mg
- Sodium 655.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 53.9 g