Recipe by ciao
This was posted in response to a request. It's from the back of a Corn Flakes box, and I've made it many, many times. It has a wonderful flavor. Prep time includes marinating time.
Top Review by sunny_day
This is the best! I cannot say enough about it. I used chicken breast and made chicken fingers with this. I baked them for 20 minutes and they were ready. Great flavour, I opted for the ketchup as opposed to the chili sauce and I crushed the corn flakes so they would hang on better. I'm holding onto this recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup or 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 3 lbs broiler chicken pieces, rinsed and dried (with or without skin, I've also used boneless chicken)
- 5 cups kellogg's corn flakes, slightly crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, ketchup, lemon juice, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and spices.
- I usually then pour this into a large ziploc bag.
- Add chicken and turn bag to coat.
- Refrigerate at least 1-2 hours, or more if desired.
- Place corn flakes in shallow dish.
- Add chicken pieces to corn flakes, and coat with the cereal.
- Place in a single layer in a slightly greased shallow pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until chicken is tender and no longer pink.