Prep 2 hrs
Cook 45 mins
This was posted in response to a request. It's from the back of a Corn Flakes box, and I've made it many, many times. It has a wonderful flavor. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup or 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 3 lbs broiler chicken pieces, rinsed and dried (with or without skin, I've also used boneless chicken)
- 5 cups kellogg's corn flakes, slightly crushed
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, ketchup, lemon juice, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and spices.
- I usually then pour this into a large ziploc bag.
- Add chicken and turn bag to coat.
- Refrigerate at least 1-2 hours, or more if desired.
- Place corn flakes in shallow dish.
- Add chicken pieces to corn flakes, and coat with the cereal.
- Place in a single layer in a slightly greased shallow pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
This is the best! I cannot say enough about it. I used chicken breast and made chicken fingers with this. I baked them for 20 minutes and they were ready. Great flavour, I opted for the ketchup as opposed to the chili sauce and I crushed the corn flakes so they would hang on better. I'm holding onto this recipe!
I followed the recipe exactly but didn't have very good luck with this recipe. The corn flake coating burned long before the chicken was done. Also, we didn't think the chicken had much taste...it seemed very bland. From the list of ingredients, I really thought this chicken would be good. Sorry I couldn't rate it higher.