Recipe by Marjie501
This chicken is great broiled or grilled. Mom always used the broiler but I like the grill. Change the taste by substituting garlic salt or seasoned salt.
Top Review by smellyvegetarian
How did this little gem go for so long with no reviews??!?! Can I just say WOW? This is so very simple, very versatile (you could really mix up the herbs), and relatively healthy for skin-on, bone-in chicken. I used a pack of chicken thighs. The herbs were a great combination (used oregano instead of tarragon, though) and the lemon infused throughout the meat, much to my pleasant surprise. Thanks so much for posting Marjie...this is going in my keeper file for sure!
- 1 -2 lb chicken pieces or 1 split broiler chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons tarragon leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1 lemon, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken on broiler pan, skin side down.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of dry ingredients.
- Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat, for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Turn and sprinkle with other half of dry ingredients.
- Top with lemon slices, broil until brown- 15 to 20 minutes.
- We also use this recipe on our grill.