Recipe by Leslie from Kraft Kitchens
Refreshing Dip where you make the "yogurt cheese". It is a Kraft Foods recipe. Substitute your favorite citrus peel for the lemon peel. Or, try using other savory ingredients, such as roasted garlic or other herbs or spices, instead of the lemon peel, chives and/or dill.
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups assorted cut-up assorted fresh vegetables
Directions See How It's Made
- PLACE yogurt in cheesecloth-lined colander; cover.
- Drain over bowl in refrigerator at least 6 hours or overnight.
- SPOON drained yogurt into small bowl.
- Discard liquid.
- Add chives, dill, lemon peel, salt, garlic and pepper into yogurt cheese; stir until well blended; Cover.
- REFRIGERATE at least 2 hours.
- Serve as a dip with the cut-up vegetables.