Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A light and flavorful rub for seafood, chicken, or pork prepared on the grill. Adapted from Weber Grill's website. Cooking time is resting/marinating time.
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 14.78 ml lemon peel, grated
- 9.85 ml dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 4.92 ml dried basil leaves, crushed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 2.46 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Immediately rub on fish, seafood, chicken or pork and let rest 15 minutes before cooking on the grill.
I learned how to cook at my mom's side. I was the only 3rd grader I knew who could accurately identify by smell any given herb. Okay, I was the ONLY 3rd grader ANYBODY knew to accurately do that. Great on chicken.
Wow, I just noticed that I had not posted my review of this rub! I apologize. I have used it quite a bit on chicken and fish and it is always a hit. I love simple rubs with ingredients that I keep on hand. I can whip this up in a few moments and make simple chicken, etc taste special. Thanks Cookin Mommy!
Delicious!! I used this rub on boneless, skinless chicken breasts & then grilled. I was a little skeptical about a 15 minute room temperature marinade but it was perfect. Very lemony but not too much!!