Mims & Squims's Note:
The perfect side for fish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brown basmati rice
- 1 cup vegetarian chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1In saucepan, bring broth & lemon juice to simmer.
- 2In heavy skillet heat oil. Add garlic and cook until softened.
- 3Add rice & stir, cooking 1-2 minutes.
- 4Add broth, salt & pepper and bring to boil.
- 5Lower heat and simmer 30-40 minutes until all liquid is absorbed & rice is soft. (Note: Rice may take more or less time depending on temperature, so check periodically until done).
- 6Remove from heat, stir in herbs & lemon zest. Add additional salt & pepper if desired.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon & Herb Rice
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.0
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 152.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian chicken broth