1/3 Photos of Lemon Herb Quinoa
This recipes comes from a fellow Israeli foodie, Gabi Shahar. I tried it out recently (am on a quinoa kick these days) and it's very good. A good alternative to tabbouli or couscous as a cool summer grain salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram or 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Place the quinoa in a large bowl.
- 2Fill with cold water.
- 3Drain into a strainer and repeat the rinsing and draining 4 more times.
- 4Over medium-high heat, heat the oil in a 2-quart saucepan.
- 5Add the rinsed quinoa and cook, stirring, until the quinoa makes cracking and popping noises, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in the water, marjoram, thyme, and rosemary.
- 7Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- 8Stir in the parsley, lemon juice, salt, lemon rind, and pepper.
- 9Simmer, covered, 5 minutes longer.
- 10Fluff with a fork.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Herb Quinoa
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.0
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 295.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g