Recipe by One Happy Woman
This passed the test with flying colors with both our vegan and our carnivores. It's easy, can be made ahead up to grilling time and can be made into kebabs with vegetables, or served cold in a vinaigrette with cooked green beans.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Excellent! I let it sit in the marinade for about 24 hours and grilled it on the our Foreman grill and it came out great. I would use a little less oil next time. I'm not a huge fan of tofu, but I really like this and can't wait to try it as a kebab. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.
- 1 lb extra firm tofu (although you might as well double the recipe and enjoy the leftovers as a salad)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and slice the tofu into 1/2 inch slices (slightly thicker slices if you plan to make kebabs) and place between paper towels. Place a weight on top and let drain for about an hour.
- Pat the slices dry and cut each slich into 3 or 4 triangles.
- Mix the marinade in a zip-lock bag, add the triangles and refrigerate until needed.
- Grill the tofu triangles until slightly browned. You could also skewer them with cut up vegetables and baste with the marinade.
- These are also very good the next day, served chilled with cooked green beans in the leftover marinade/dressing.