Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This needs to marinate for 12 hours or overnight to blend all the flavors but it is worth it.
Make and share this Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons sweet basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 chicken, cut up
- Combine all ingredients except chicken.
- Add chicken and let marinate 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Cook on the grill 20 minutes per side or longer,depending on size of chicken.
This is so good. Sort of like Costco's rotisserie chicken, but better - more fresh tasting. Definitely worth waiting for the chicken to marinate. I used half of a whole chicken, which I cut into pieces. I think it came to about a pound of bone-in meat. I used olive oil because that's what I had a lot of, and 2 plump cloves of fresh garlic, for the half recipe of marinade, instead of garlic powder. I followed the recipe for all other ingredients, in proportion. I can't really think of a better way to do grilled chicken than this. Thank you so much for a lovely recipe. I do think that even the half recipe of marinade could be used for about 2 pounds of chicken, as there was quite a lot that had to be discarded.