Recipe by kymgerberich
To enhance the flavor of the chicken, slash the skin so the marinade can penetrate. Cooking time does not include marinating time.
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, grated
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 (3 lb) broiler-fryer chickens, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in bowl. Dip chicken in marinade; place in 3 heavy-duty plastic storage bags with any remaining marinade. Refrigerate 4 hours. (Can be made ahead. Refrigerate up to 24 hours. Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before grilling.).
- Prepare grill or preheat broiler and broiler pan. Grill over low heat or broil 4 inches from heat source 25 or 30 minutes, turning and brushing with reserved marinade every 5 minutes.