Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very easy, tasty side dish.
Make and share this Lemon - Herb Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, trimed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon, rind of
- salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan cook beans, uncovered, in a small amount of boiling salted water for 7 minutes.
- (OR you may steam the green beans).
- Drain; return beans to sauce pan.
- Stir in butter, basil,oregano,and lemon peel.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Season to taste.
Barbara, what can I say...other than what a great way to cook fresh green beans! I squeezed just a little of the fresh lemon juice in my butter sauce. Simple and tasty! Great!
Easy and delicious side dish. I put too much oregano in, but that was my fault for not measuring - but it was still very good. Definate keeper !
These made a nice quick side dish. I quartered the butter, and also added lemon juice. Served 4-5.