Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
adapted from today's ny times
Make and share this Lemon Herb Duck Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced lemon zest
- 4 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 2 whole duck breasts, split and skinned
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Combine parsley, garlic, lemon zest, pepper, thyme and rosemary in a bowl. Roll duck pieces in herb mixture to coat all over.
- Put oil in a large sauté pan, and turn heat to medium-high. When oil shimmers add duck, and reduce heat to medium. Cook, turning once or twice, until coating browns and duck is medium-rare to medium, about 10 minutes. Season meat with salt, and let it rest for a few minutes.
AMAZING!!! I didn't have fresh parsley so I used 1/3c. of dried in stread. If you have wild duck you should soak it in salt water for at least two to three days prior to making your meal. I also took all the ingredients with some oil and put in a ziplock bag and marinated the duck breasts in it overnight. Then I grilled it and we enjoyed it with some grilled asparagus and some garlic romano provolone mashed potatoes and it was one of our favorite meals! We will definitely be eating this again.
Oil does not shimmer.
We bought some duck breast and googled it. Chose this recipe..excellent...better than what we could have gotten in a restaurant!!!! Cooked them with the seasoning and some onions and mushrooms did add a touch of Emeril's seasoning...served with cauliflower, mashed potato, carrots and salad with balsamic vinegar...delicious!!!!