Recipe by ~SarahBeth~
This is from Southern Living to go with Shrimp and Pasta Salad. Quite delicious as a sauce for grilled chicken. At the bottom of the directions are two other options offered by Southern Living as well. Personally the basil option is my favorite.
Top Review by magpie diner
At first taste I wasn't so sure about this, but I made it ahead and by the time it was ready to toss the salad, it had really developed some beautiful flavour. Based on what I had on hand, I used more tarragon and less mint - and I was really pleased with how it turned out. I almost never use canola oil in salad dressings, but here it works, the dressing was light and went with our delicate salad greens very nicely. I'm sure I'll make again when fresh herbs are in abundance.
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together all ingredients until blended.
- Lemon-Herb Dressing With Chives and Tarragon: Substitute chopped fresh chives for mint. Proceed with recipe as directed.
- Lemon-Herb Dressing With Basil: Substitute 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil for mint and tarragon. Proceed with recipe as directed. Season with salt to taste.