Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The breading is reminiscent of fish sticks, but this dish is a far cry from fish out of a box!
- 12 ounces cod fish fillets (2 @ 6oz each)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon (For zest & juice)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄8 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season filets with salt & pepper & place in baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice, white wine, and 1 1/2 t olive oil.
- In small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, zest, & 1 T parsley. Sprinkle cod with mixture and drizzle crumbs with 1 1/2 t olive oil.
- Place cod in oven & bake until fish is cooked through (12-15 minutes). Remove from oven and turn on broiler.
- Place fish under broiler to brown breadcrumbs. Remove & serve.
I agree that this is a basic recipe. I am giving it four stars because my picky daughter liked it. It was a little uneventful for my liking, but there is nothing to "hate" about it. I used panko because that is what I had on hand.
Basic good fish recipe--the zest was the star. My cod fillets were small, so it took much less time to bake. Made for the Seafood-Fish Event in Cooking Photos.