Recipe by Mommy Diva
Another lemony based creation from Sandra Lee's sumptuous collection of recipes. This one is simple, tasty, and when paired up with Lemon Chicken Soup,Lemon Garlic Broccoli, Lemon Pudding Brulee with Blueberries, and a Lemon Cream Martini you have an elegant spread that everyone will think you slaved over - without adding to your non-existent grey hairs!! Lemon haters, need not apply!! ;) Yummy!
Top Review by sloe cooker
The chicken smelled awesome cooking, and tasted moist, tender and oh so delicious! I also could not find the lemon herb chicken sauce so I added some herbs de provence to the butter and lemon juice. Cooking for one I just prepared one chicken breast. Cooked this in a toaster oven and when it was done, I poured the marinade into a small dipping bowl. WoW good. I will be making this recipe again and recommend anyone who likes chicken to try this. Thanks Mommy Diva and Fight like a Girl! Hugs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon & herb seasoning (lemon-herb chicken sauce mix recommended ( McCormick)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (recommended ( ReaLemon)
- 3 1⁄2 lbs whole chickens, cut up with skin on
- garlic salt, to taste (recommended ( Lawry's)
- lemon pepper, to taste (recommended ( Lawry's)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small pan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Stir in sauce mix and lemon juice, cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; set aside.
- Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry. Season with garlic salt and lemon pepper.
- Place chicken on foil lined baking sheet or broiler pan.
- Broil chicken for about 15 minutes per side basting with butter sauce every 5 minutes or until desired crispness and color.
- Serve with a crisp salad, lemon chicken soup, lemon garlic broccoli etc.
- Enjoy! ;).